Here are some tips for keeping your items in self storage:
- Choose the right storage unit. Consider the size of your belongings, the climate you live in, and your budget when choosing a storage unit. Climate-controlled units will protect your items from warping, water-damage, and mold. All units at 12 Broadway Self-storage are climate-controlled. It's the only way to do it right!
- Never store food (including pet food) in a storage unit and clean items before storing them. This will prevent issues with pests, and other forms of damage.
- Gather your packing materials. You'll need sturdy boxes, packing paper, tape, and labels.
- Use uniform box sizes. This will make it easier to stack and organize your boxes.
- Take an inventory of your items. This will help you keep track of what you have stored and when you need to access it.
- Take everything apart. This will save space and make it easier to pack and unpack your belongings.
- Label your boxes clearly. This will make it easy to find what you need when you need it.
- Stack your boxes in a safe and organized way. Place the heaviest boxes on the bottom and the lightest boxes on top.
- Secure your storage unit. This will help prevent theft and vandalism.
- Inspect your belongings regularly. This will help you identify any potential problems, such as pests.
- Pay rent toward your storage unit on time. Setting up automatic payments is a great way to ensure your is paid for on time.
Following these tips will help you keep your items in good condition while they are in storage.